ΦΑΚΕΛΟΣ: ΠΕΤΡΕΛΑΙΟ & ΦΥΣΙΚΟ ΑΕΡΙΟ
- Israel's apology to Turkey over Gaza flotilla raid
- In a rare diplomatic development and while the economic crisis monopolized news coverage in Cyprus last week Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu apologized to Turkey's Erdogan over the Gaza flotilla raid. The New Files' Sofia Papaioannou spoke to Alon Liel, former Director General of the Foreign Ministry of Israel and one of Israel's authorities on Israeli-Turkish relations in an effort to understand what this sudden rapprochement means for Cyprus, Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean in general....
- Cyprus Minister of Foreign Affairs
- In his first interview after the Eurogroup's decisions on the Cyprus bailout, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus, one of the few among Cyprus' leadership that followed the negotiation closely talks to Alexis Papahelas about the missteps of European counterparts, the criticism that Greece did not adequately support Cyprus as well as his views on the future of the island's economy and its famous banking system....
- Aboard the Nordic Explorer
- For the first time the New Files break the silence surrounding the trip of Nordic Explorer, an exploration vessel owned by Norwegian company Petroleum Geo-Services tasked by the Ministry of Energy to conduct geophysical exploration for hydrocarbons in the Ionian Sea and south of Crete. Sofia Papaioannou speaks with the Ministry's representative on the vessel and for the first time presents exclusive pictures of the vessel's mission....
- Oil and Gas in Greece?
- In his first television interview after the leak of a confidential report on Greece's oil and gas potential reserves that he wrote for the Prime Minister's office, former Exploration and Production Director Elias Conofagos speaks to Alexis Papahelas and debates his findings and convictions with experts in the field. Former Minister of Energy Giannis Maniatis, Executive Vice President of the Cyprus National Hydrocarbons Company Solon Kassinis, professor of international relations Giannis Mazis and former vice-president of the European Court of Human Rights judge Christos Rozakis also tackle the geopolitical ramifications of Greece exploring further for oil and gas....
- Greece's eclusive economic zones
Prime Minister of Greece Lucas Papademos, former PM George Papandreou and leading opposition leader Antonis Samaras have all called for the acceleration of oil and gas exploration in the Greek seas. Correspondent Sofia Papaioannou investigates the status quo, political efforts and diplomatic background of something many have called Greece's only hope for such explorations to go forward: the establishment of Greece's exclusive economic zones (EEZ) with its neighbouring countries....